Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Breaking News: Casey Anthony is Found Not Guilty

At about 1:15p CDT the verdict was finally returned in the Casey Anthony trial. As you may know by now, the verdict was not guilty for all of the main charges including first degree murder. She was, however, guilty of providing false information to law enforcement officials in this matter. I believe that I have literally felt my heart fall to the floor as those words….Not Guilty….float from my television and to my unbelieving ears. As I watch tears of relief fall from the eyes of Casey Anthony, the rage is rising within me as I wonder how many tears of grief she has shed for her deceased baby girl.

This trial has captured the attention of the nation for a variety of reasons. The little baby girl, Caylee Marie Anthony, was so very cute. So very innocent. So very helpless. And now that the trial has run its course and this shocking verdict is alarming the good folks of our nation, Caylee is also so very without justice as well. In many ways it feels like the O.J. Simpson trial all over again and the hollowness in my heart persists without end.

I have not followed this trial as diligently as others, but have gleaned enough to get a real sense for what was going on in this horrible matter. Perhaps it is because I am a mother myself, or perhaps simply because I have a soul, I cannot fathom not turning the world upside down in an effort to find my child who had been missing for four long weeks. Hell, after five minutes of not spotting my kids at a playground I can be found searching every tree, swing and parked car like a lunatic. Albeit, a caring, loving, and protective lunatic. What Casey Anthony has displayed was not just poor parenting, but it was flat out criminal regardless of the insane verdict that was just announced.

Caylee Marie Anthony, we will never forget your precious angel face. Caylee Marie Anthony we will never forget that your mother has gotten away with murder. Caylee Marie Anthony we, as a civil society, are so very sorry about this injustice.

No comments: